1. What are the speakers talking about?
A. Holiday plans.
B. Moving to New York.
C. A party with old friends.
2. What is the woman going to do on Sunday?
A. Go to the beach with the man.
B. Have a dinner with her family.
C. Receive' some guests at home.
3. What is the probable relationship between the speakers?
4. What do we know about John's new job?
A. It is well paid.
B. It is near his home.
C. It has long working hours.
5. What does Kate promise to do?
A. Answer phone calls for Jim.
B. Go to a meeting with Jim.
C. Send a message to Jim.
6. When does the museum close?
7. What is the man probably going to do?
A. Tour the museum quickly.
B. Pay full price for the ticket.
C. Visit the museum tomorrow.
8. What problem does tom have?
A. He has no license to drive a car.
B. He is too busy to go swimming.
C. He can't find the sports center.
9. What does tom offer to do for Jane?
A. Pay for her sports center ticket.
B. Take her out for a nice dinner.
C. Help her with the homework.
10. What is Jane worried about?
A. Her book report.
B. The mid-term exam.
C. Tom's weekend plan.
11. Where does the conversation probably take place?
A. In a ticket office.
B. In a department store.
C. In an information centre.
12. What will the man probably do?
A. Tour the city.
B. Visit an island.
C. Buy a booklet.
13. How many languages has Dr. Green's new book been translated into?
14. Where did the Slow Food Movement begin?
A. In Italy.
B. In France.
C. In Germany.
15. What did the study in Britain find out?
A. More children make friends on the Internet.
B. More children think friendship is important,
C. More children say they have no best friend,
16. What is the main idea Dr. Green tries to express in the talk?
A. to be slow means to focus on quality.
B. Friendship should be developed slowly.
C. The British support the Slow Movement.
17. Where does the speaker come from?
18. How does the speaker view the English lessons here in schools?
A. They are not special.
B. They are not enough.
C. They are not interesting.
19. In what way are the speaker's English programs different?
A. They are designed in various styles.
B. They are broadcast live every day.
C. They are based on the computer.
20. What does the speaker expect people to do?
A. Attend their English classes.
B. Practice their English every day.
C. Watch English movies and TV shows.