1. He kept his head; otherwise the accident ______.
A. would happen B. happened C. would have happened D. happens
2.――"Is she older than you?"
――"Yes she is older than _______two years"
A. me B. I for C. I am by D. me by
3. He is _______a writer as a reporter.
A. more B. rather C. not so much D. not such
4. I suppose that when I come back in ten years' time, all these old houses ____-down.
A. will have been pulled B. will have pulled
C. will be pulling D. will be pulled
5. Johnson hoped it would be ______who would be called upon.
A. has B. him C. he D. himself
6. Have a cup of tea, _______?
A. shall we B. will you C. won't you D. do you
7. It is estimated that much of a teenager's time is spent______ with friends.
A. to talk B. talking C. being talked D. having talked
8. It is one __________best sellers in our country now.
A. of them B. of those C. of this D. of their
9. Henry was deported for having an expired visa. He _______ his visa renewed.
A. should have had? B. must have had? C. might have had? D. would have had
10.---- "Where is your college located, John?"
---- "It is ________."
A. on the Fifth Avenue B. on Fifth Avenue
C. in Fifth Avenue D. at Fifth Avenue
11.I'm afraid it ______ tomorrow, but who knows?
A. may have rained B. might rain C. would rain D. ought to rain
12.The Caspian Sea, a salt lake, is ______any other lake in the world.
A. largest B. the largest C. larger than D. the larger than
13.______bricks, workers press clay into blocks and bake them to the requisite hard.
A. Being made B. The making of C. To make D. Made
14.He will go to America next month, if he ____ready then.
A. is B. will be C. shall be D. is going to be
15.Cars moved very slowly in the 1920s, but they ______move more quickly than in 1910.
A. were to can B. did C. will D. can