1. ______ what the situation would be like, they decided to keep silent.
A. Having not known
B. Knowing not
C. Not know
D. Not knowing
2. The program was so ______ that they were too ______ to fall asleep.
3. The ______ children were opening their Christmas presents.
A. exciting B. excited
C. excite D. excitement
1.Not too many years ago, it was an excited experience to travel 25 or 50 miles from home.
2.China is a ______ country while the U.S is a ______ country.
3.Mrs. White found her husband surrounded by letters and papers and ______ very worried.
A. looking B. looks
C. look D. to look
4.She returned home from the market only to find the door open and a number of things______.
A. stole B. missing
C. missed D. stealing
5.Just as I turned round the corner, I saw a car ______ towards me at a high speed.
A. to come B. come
C. coming D. came
6.All those ______ to go to the football match please raise your hands.
A. wish B. wished
C. will wish D. wishing
10. No one else ______ willing to go, he offered to take the message.
A. was B. had been
C. were D. being
11. ______ the teacher’s suggestion, Tom finally found a way to settle the problem.
A. Following B. To follow
C. Follow D. He followed
12. ______ crossing the street, he was knocked down by a car.
A. By B. During
C. At D. While
13. There was a terrible cry ______ the fall of the pole.
B. to follow
D. that follows
14. Most of the artists being invited to the party were from South Africa.
15. Some of the guests ______ to the party were from other cities.
A. to invite
C. being invited
D. had been invited
16. The telephone was invented in 1876 by a man ______ Alexander Graham Bell.
A. named B. naming
C. that names D. who named
17. Water ______ into vapor by the sun falls as rain.
A. turns B. turning
C. is turned D. turned
18. The children ______ in red sang songs together.
A. dressed B. dressing
C. worn D. wearing
19. The musician, ______ for his splendid speech, was warmly received by the students.
A.knowing B. known
C. having known D. being known
20. The cinema ______ last month, is very popular especially among the young people in the town.
A. opens B. opened
C. to open D. having opened