It may well be possible. When you have finished with your mobile phone you will be able to 49 it in the garden or a plant pot and wait for it to flower.
50 , a biodegradable (生物可降解的)mobile phone was introduced by scientists. It is hoped that the new type of phone will encourage 51 to recycle.
Scientists have come up with a new material over the last five years. It looks like any other 52 and can be hard or soft. and able to change shape. Overtime it can also break down into the soil without giving out any toxic 53 . British researchers used the new material to develop a phone cover that contains a sunflower seed. When this new type of cover turns into waste, it 54 nitrates(硝酸盐). These feed the seed and help the flower grow.
Engineers have designed a small 55 window to hold the seed. They have made sure it only grows when the phone is thrown away.
"We've only put sunflower seeds into the covers so far. But we are working with plant 56 to find out which flowers would perform best. Maybe we could put roses in next time," said one scientist.
[A] Recently [B] consumer [C] chemical [D] environment [E] combine
[F] transparent [G] buy [H] companion [I] experts [J] forms [K] bury
[L] paper [M] paper [N] plastic [O] Usually
47. E 该空应填入动词原形，选项中只有E、G和K是动词原形。文章前两句点明两者是截然不同的东西，这里用but一转，讲能不能把两者结合起来，E最符合文章。
48. D 本题需通读下文，对整篇文章有所了解才能得出答案。由下文的相关信息词biodegradable (生物可降解的)，recycle(回收)等可知D最符合文意。
49. K 该名前半句讲手机报废，所以极可能是把废弃的手机扔进或埋进花园，动词原形的E. G. K中，K最符合文意。
50. A 分析空格所在句的句子结构，空格处应充当状语成分且需大写，结合词义，选项中A符合文意。
51. B 结合句意“这种新型手机有望激励________进行回收利用”可推知此空应填入表示人的名词，故B最符合文意。
52. N 前句提到科学家开发了一种新材料，接着谈到这种新材料像其他________一样容易塑形，这正是塑料的特性，故选N。
53. C 空格所在句意为“随着时间的流逝，它也能分解到土壤里，而且不会释放出任何有毒的__ ______”，分解多半与化学有关，所以空格处应填入chemicals(化学物质)。
54. J 该空需填入第三人称单数的动词形式，选项中只有J符合文意。
55. F 该空需填入一个形容词，选项中只有F和O是形容词，F(透明的)符合文意。因为只有透明的才方便工程师观察，才有下面的make sure一说。
56. I 由句意“但我们(工程师)现在正和植物________合作…”可知，空格处应选表一类人的名词，且用可数形式，B、I中I符合文意。